Pat & Pinky’s BBQ Chicken Wings & Coleslaw
FOR THE COLESLAW
|Large carrots, grated||2|
|White cabbage, thinly sliced||1/4|
|Plain yoghurt||3 tbsp|
|White wine vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Salt & Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Spring onions, finely chopped||2|
|Zest & Juice of Lime||1|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Garlic cloves, chopped||2|
|Red onion, chopped||1|
|Large tomatoes, cored & diced||2|
|Pat & Pinky's Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce||200 ml|
|Chopped coriander stems to serve|
Combine the coleslaw ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill.
- Place the wings in a bowl, add the lime juice and zest, season and mix, cover and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the wings and brown all over for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the garlic and onion, sauté until the onions soften then add the tomatoes.
- Return the wings to the pan and pour over the BBQ sauce, stir to coat the wings.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Serve topped with chopped coriander, along with coleslaw.
Next → Chicory & Blood Orange salad